Un périple en Louisiane est teinté de la nostalgie de l’Amérique française, fièrement créole et résolument cajun, entre une ruralité à fleur de bayou et une distinction patricienne héritée d’un art de vivre, dont les plantations restent les témoins.
Ce voyage est aussi placé sous le signe des rencontres authentiques, bercées par des rythmes jazz & blues et les parfums de la cuisine cajun.
Après quelques jours à la Nouvelle Orléans, on découvrira les grandes plantations, le long du Mississippi. Chemin faisant, on embarque pour un voyage dans le temps en visitant Natchez la française qui a su préserver son ambiance d’autrefois, puis la ville deLafayette et ses bayous.
Not IncludedNuits en hôtel 4*Le billet d’avionDeparture TaxesAssuranceLes taxes d’aéroportPersonal GuideBreakfast
Day 1 : BEIRUT/ PARIS/ NEW ORLEANS
- Arrival to New Orleans, collect your car at the Airport and go to your hotel.
DAY 2 : NEW ORLEANS/ BATON ROUGE
- In the morning leave for the Oak Valley Plantation via the plantations route. Visit the magnificent manor with its shaded alleys by the centenary oaks. Continue towards the Nottoway plantation, an impressive mansion that reflects the opulence of the region’s economy before the American Civil War. Lunch at the plantation. Continue towards the capital of Louisianna, Baton Rouge. A small tour of the city to discover mainly the Capitol, the famous Louisiana State University and the Rural Life Museum which is an open air museum that exposes housings and typical equipment that date from the beginning of the 19th century. Settle at the hotel. Dinner and overnight at Baton Rouge.
Day 3 : BATON ROUGE/ ST FRANCISVILLE/ NATCHEZ
- In the morning, leave for Saint Francisville to visit the magnificent plantation region. Start by visiting the beautiful Rosedown Plantation and its gardens which are inspired by the Versailles gardens. Lunch at Saint Francisville. Departure to the Frogmore Cotton Plantation which remains the only active cotton plantation currently. Continue to Natchez in the neighboring State of Mississippi and visit this beautiful southern city that kept its historic aspect. Dinner and overnight at Natchez.
Day 4 : NATCHEZ/ ATHAFALAYA/ LAFAYETTE
- Visit Lafayette, a small casual town with its typical cachet that is redolent of rural America. Visit the Vermilionville, an eco-museum that reconstitutes a cajun village, and then visit the Melrose Plantation (1796) that tells the story of the slave Marie Coincoin and finally the Lloyd Hall Plantation where sugar cane is cultivated since 1820. This will be followed by a small break in one of the numerous small cafés of the city to get to know the cajun cuisine renowned for its spices and crayfish.
Day 5 :LAFAYETTE/ ST MARTINVILLE/ HOUMA
- Leave for Saint Martinville, a city that was known in the 19th century as the ‘Small Paris’. This is a rare example in the US of a European structured town. There you’ll be introduced to the legend of Evangeline. Lunch. Departure to Avery Island. Visit of the famous Tabasco Fabric followed by the exotic gardens of Avery Island with their famous Gardens of the Jungle and the Bird Sanctuary near the Gulf of Mexico. Continue through Morgan City, the world capital of shrimp. Arrive to Houma by the end of the afternoon and settle with a Cajun family for a unique cultural experience. Dinner and overnight with the family.
Day 6 : HOUMA/ THIBODAUX/ NEW ORLEANS
- The morning starts with a boat tour in the nearby marshes, the famous bayous where you might meet some ‘crocrodries’-name given to the alligators in the region. Then, leave for Thibodaux with its sceneries of prairies and fields of sugar cane. Continue through the Terrebonne marshes till New Orleans. In the afternoon, tour the city of New Orleans where you can admire the Garden District from where you can take the tramway called Desir. Dinner and overnight in the downtown.
Day 7 : NEW ORLEANS
- In the morning, start with a walking tour which is more of a stroll that will take you to the Vieux Carré. Discover the French market, the St. Louis Cathedral and the Cabildo which is an impressive Spanish structure dating from the 18th century. Lunch in downtown followed by free time for a personal discovery of the city. Dinner in a jazz filled atmosphere. Overnight.
Day 8 : NEW ORLEANS/ PARIS/ BEIRUT
- Free time in the morning to discover the city at one’s own rythm. Free time for lunch. Transfer to Airport and leave for Beirut.
In 4* boutique hotel. Starting 2900 USDOur price includes:
- Airline ticket BEY/PAR/MSY/PAR/BEY
- Accommodation in double room
- Rent a car
Our price does not include:
- Airport taxes