Puglia takes its place in the first rank of Italy’s famous and richest archaeological regions. It is well known for its whitewashed hill towns, dramatic caves, nature reserves, medieval quarters and several hundred miles of coastline to enjoy.
Castles perched on the edge of glassy seas, golden baroque cities crafted from buttery sandstone and medieval cathedrals, the unspoiled rural region of Puglia is famed to be a living history.
Spend 9 days of charm in an enchanted land in Europe’s finest ancient towns.
Not IncludedNuits en hôtel 4*Le billet d’avionDeparture TaxesAssuranceLes taxes d’aéroportPersonal GuideBreakfast
Day 1: Beirut- Rome- Bari
- Arrival to Bari – transfer to your hotel
- Free Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Bari - (52.9 km, 44 mns) - Trani - (91.1 km, 1 h 21 mns) – Gargano
- Morning tour of Bari: Discovery of the old town and its historic monuments: Visit to the Basilica of Saint Nicolas, a remarkable example of Romanesque architecture, the Duomo, beautiful Romanesque-Gothic example and the castle that still preserves some stunning vestiges of the thirteenth century’s architecture.
- Continuation to Trani to visit the famous cathedral dedicated to St. Nicolas the Pilgrim, the most remarkable Romanesque religious building of Puglia, then to Barletta for a walk in the old city.
- Road to the Gargano promontory. Arrival to your hotel at the entrance of Gargano Peninsula.
- Free Dinner and overnight at the hotel
Day 3- Gargano - (28.4 km, 26 mns) – Santa Maria Di Siponto - (28.4 km, 26 mns) – Gargano
- Hiking in the Gargano (2-3h)
- In the afternoon, discovery of Santa Maria di Siponto church, an important Oriental-Romanesque building.Return to Hotel II Porto.
Day 4 - Gargano - (20.0 km, 24 mns) - Monte San Angelo - (25.6 km, 25 mns) – Padre Pio
- Departure for Monte Sant 'Angelo, located on a rocky outcrop overlooking the Gulf of Manfredonia, at 806 meters above sea level.
- Visit to St Michel Sanctuary, a very well-known place for Christianity dug into a set of caves, where the Archangel appeared to a shepherd between 490 and 493.
- Then continuation to San Giovanni to visit the sacred place and the shrine of Padre Pio.
- Free dinner and overnight at the hotel
Day 5 -Padre Pio - (140 km, 1 hour 30 mns) – Ruvo Di Puglia - (21.3 km, 29 mns) – Castel Del Monte - (69.1 km, 1 h 15 mns) – Matera
- Departure to the charming Ruvo di Puglia.
- Visit to "Jatta Palace", old mansion converted into a museum that houses a collection of extraordinary Apulian ceramics, mixing between local engineering and Greek art.
- Then continuation to the Castel Del Monte.
- Standing alone on a bare hill, the octagonal "Crown of Puglia", impresses with its imposing figure as much as it seduces with its geometric purity. This fortress, which is sometimes considered as the "perfect marriage between poetry and mathematics," reflects the extraordinary personality of Frederick II Hohenstaufen.
- Road to Matera.
- Overnight in Matera hotel.
Day 6: Matera - (19.4 km, 20 mns) - Altamura- (12.6 km, 16 mns) - Gravina - (116 km, 1 hour 22 mns) – Fasano
- Visit to the sanctuaries and troglodyte houses. Then continuation to the old town of Altamura before joining Gravina in Puglia. At the heart of its narrow and winding streets, you will discover the former home of a wealthy owner of Latifundia. Built on an old rock chapel, it now houses the beautiful Pomarici museum that illustrates all phases of the region’s history.
- Road to Fasano
- Overnight in Fasano Hotel
Day 7: Fasano - (116 km, 1 hour 22 mns) – Alberobello - (116 km, 1 hour 22 mns) - Fasano
- Visit to the villages around Fasano: Arberobello where you can admire the mysterious trulli, traditional houses in dry stone, Locorotondo, Martina Franca and Ostuni.
- Gourmet lunch then return to Fasano.
- Overnight in Fasano Hotel
Day 08: Fasano - (144 km, 1 hour m5 mns) - Otranto (47.6km, 45 mns) - Lecce - Gallipoli (46 km, 36 mns)
- Departure to Otranto. The former Tydruntum was in the Middle Ages one of the most important centers of the Byzantine empire in Italy. Visit to the Old City that will surprise you just like its port reserved to fishing boats.
- Continuation along the scenic route with steep cliffs that leads to Capo d'Otranto.
- In the afternoon, discovery of Lecce, "the Florence of the Baroque", where a sumptuous architecture serves as the setting for a delightful ornamentation.
- Piazza Del Duomo and its amazing campanile are not to be missed before continuing to Gallipoli.
- Overnight in Gallipoli.
Day 09: Gallipoli - Bari – Beirut
- Discovery of Gallipoli, city anchored by a single bridge to the mainland. Discovery of the old city, remained intact with its narrow streets, low houses, Baroque palaces and churches. Visit to the Church of Purity, built facing the sea with an interior that resembles a small elegant, blue and gold baroque salon.
- In the afternoon, departure to the airport for your flight to Beirut.
- (Group based 10 people) / mid-September
- Price per person: 2250 USD double room in a charming 4 * hotel
- Highlights of the trip:
- The Gargano promontory
- Castel Del Monte
- The trulli of Alberobello
- Lecce Baroque town
- The Sassi Di Matera in Basilicata
- The shrine of Padre Pio
- Get more with Volver
- Air ticket without airport taxes
- Accommodation for 8 nights in 4 * hotels, in a double room
- ( 1 N Bari/2 N Gargano/ 1 N Padre pio /1 N Matera /2 N Fasano/ 1 N Gallipoli))
- All the private transfers
- All the entrance fees with a private guide