From the air, the Maltese archipelago is like a piece of burnt bread cobalt color. The tone of honey, appreciating both the ancient Greeks, comes from local limestone. In a quarry in Qrendi, you can see these blocks of stone, rough and beautiful, which are still used to build the houses to Maltese balconies and gables books. The thick forests that once covered the island of Malta are gone, replaced by the towers of palaces and churches. But every spring, the fields enclosed by dry stone still adorn themselves with thousands of flowers. And in the valleys, led palm, olive and citrus groves.
Not IncludedNuits en hôtel 4*Le billet d’avionDeparture TaxesAssuranceLes taxes d’aéroportPersonal GuideBreakfast
Day 1: Beirut – Valetta – Sliema
- Departure to Valetta and transfer to Sliema
Day 2 to Day 7: Valetta & surroundings cultural discovery
- Discover day (inclusive of lunch)
- Visit the Megalithic Temples of Malta still the oldest ones in the World; the Tarxien temples, Ghar Dalam, Hagar Qim & Mnajdra.
- In the afternoon, watch the Malta experience audio-visual show depicting the old history of Malta, in a site overlooking the magnificent grand harbor, the perfect historical and cultural panoramic view of the island.
- Valetta tour (inclusive of lunch):
- Valetta is described as 'one of the most concentrated historic areas in the world'.
- The Renzo Piano, designed City Gate, Parliament Building and Opera House have changed the cityscape and galvanized it into life.
- St John's Co-Cathedral, Malta's most impressive church, the place where the Knights would gather for communal worship, is revamped in exuberant Maltese baroque style. One of its greatest treasures is a huge painting of John the Baptist by Caravaggio.
- Don’t miss the Grand Master's Palace housing the armory, the Manoel Theatre and the new parliament building, controversial upgrade of the Knights ‘Inns.
- Valetta historical archaeology tour (inclusive of lunch):
- Visit the Buskett gardens, and Verdala castle. Follow the panoramic road to reach Dingli cliffs and enjoy the site of the geologic formations.
- Visit the tiny walled, hilltop settlement of Mdina tracing its history back 4,000 years.
- The town was once Malta’s capital and is crammed with glorious golden-stoned mansions built for the aristocracy.
- Among its tangle of cobbled streets and splendid medieval architecture, Mdina’s pride and joy is massive St Paul’s Cathedral, housing the museum collection inclusive of works by Dürer.
- Resume towards Rabat who played a major role in Malta's past and is a prime source of its cultural heritage.
- This large provincial township was part of the Roman city, with the sites and archaeological relics found testifying to the town's importance during the Roman period.
- Visit the archaeological and historical sites such as The Roman Villa, the catacombs, St. Paul's Grotto and the fine churches and monasteries.
- Continue to Mosta and its Neo-Classical Parish Church of St Mary.
- Gozo Island ferry ride (inclusive of lunch)
- In the morning, take the ferry to Gozo Island.
- Enjoy the rural scenic hills. Visit the megalithic Ġgantija Temples, Xaghra Parish Church dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin Mary and covered with marble throughout.
- In the afternoon, visit Victoria, the island’s capital. Its prominent landmarks are the archaeological museum, the cathedrals and the city gate…
- Enjoy awesome landscape features of the Inland Sea, spectacular Azure Window and Dwejra Bay.
- The Three Cities (half day) In the morning, visit the fortified city of Birgu also named Vittoriosa, first home to the Knights of St. John. Vittoriosa is the architectural masterpiece of the three cities. Attractions include the old Naval Bakery, now housing the Maritime Museum, the Malta at War Museum, the Church of St Lawrence and Fort St Angelo.
- Continue towards Senglea Point, photogenic waterfronts to explore, overlooking Valetta port and forts.
- Grand Harbor cruise (half day)
- Start with the visit of the Archaeological Museum of Valetta.
- Back to Sliema, go on board of a boat for a panoramic view cruise around the port, the forts and the neighboring Three Cities. The cruise takes around 1:30 to 2 h and is available upon suitable weather conditions.
- 2 half days dedicated to your leisure
Day 8: Valetta - Beirut
- Airline ticket BEY/ATH/VLE/ATH/BEY
- 7 nights in Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort 5* with BB
- Rent a car for 8 days
- Airport taxes
- Travel insurance