Bali is one of the smallest islands of the Indonesian archipelago, but it is such a remarkable one! From the amazing beaches of the south to the green mountains, vertiginous volcanoes and rice terraces as far as the eye can see, the Island of the Gods offers an incomparable diversity of landscapes. The gentle way of life is always felt here, an atmosphere brought about by the warm welcome of the Balinese people that allows you to discover a lively and authentic culture.
Not IncludedNuits en hôtel 4*Le billet d’avionDeparture TaxesAssuranceLes taxes d’aéroportPersonal GuideBreakfast
Day 1 - Denpasar - Ubud
- Arrival by end of afternoon, meet and greet and transfer to Ubud, in the heart of the island.
- overnight in the hotel
Days 2- Ubud
- Early morning, watch the women fervently place offerings and discover the temples and palaces. Then, walk through the alleys of the city until the Pura Taman Saraswati Temple where an enormous bronze drum (nekara) is kept, ritual object used to make rain in the Neolithic Era.
- On our way back, we will visit Goa Gajah, “Elephant Cave”, hermitage and sanctuary dating back to the 11th century, where Buddhists and Hinduists came together to pray.
- We will continue on foot to Yeh Pulu to discover a mysterious bas-relief in the heart of the rice fields. Both sites attest to an ancient worship of the god Ganesh, son of Shiva.
- In the afternoon, visit the museums of Ubud, starting with the Arma Museum and its magnificent gardens that belong to a member of the royal family of Ubud, a great patron of arts and collector. We will then discover the Agung Rai Museum of Art which was founded to promote the Balinese culture.
- Return to the hotel.
Day 3 - Ubud
- Meet the monkeys in the sacred protected monkey forest that also houses small Hindu temples and hundred-year-old trees (it should be noted however that this place witnesses droves of tourists!)
- In the afternoon, discover the artisanal villages around Ubud.
- Each village boasts its own specialty: stone sculptures, teak or bamboo furniture, paintings…
- Meet the craftsmen.
- Dinner at a restaurant in Ubud
- In the evening, we will attend a show of traditional dancing (as per the program during this period, Ubud Palace)
Day 4 - Ubud
- Walk through the rice fields to the site Gunung Kawi and its funerary monument that dates back to the 11th century. Visit the sacred source of Tirta Empul which attracts many pilgrims. Continue to Kintamani for lunch against a superb backdrop of the lake and Batur Volcano. Return via the beautiful rice fields of Tegalalang and the wood carvings.
- In late afternoon, stroll through downtown and discover the Puri Salen Agung, the royal palace, the Lukisan Museum and the Blanco Museum, little gem of eccentricity and old residence of the painter Antonio Blanco.
- Return to the hotel for a spa session.
Day 5 - Ubud / Besakih / Candidasa
- Stroll through the market of Gianyar, then meet a manufacturer of ritual decorations and a Kamasan Wayang style painter. In Klungkung, visit the old palace of justice with its ceilings decorated with remarkable Wayang paintings.
- In the afternoon, climb to Besakih, Bali’s most sacred temple, huge complex dedicated to the mother goddess, at the foot of Mount Agung. En route to Candidasa via the rice fields of Selat, the salak plantations of Sibetan and other remote villages. Settle by the seaside.
Day 6 - Candidasa – Seminyak
- Two-hour morning walk in the area surrounding Kastala village and panorama over the rice fields of Badung Strait. Meet the Bali Aga, indigenous people of the island, at the fortified village of Tenganan. Continue to Seminyak.
Day 7 - Nusa Dua
Day 8 - Nusa Dua
- Free time before noon
- Afternoon dedicated to shopping (design shopping in Seminyak)
- We recommend booking spa sessions at the hotel end afternoon
Day 9 - Nusa Dua - Denpasar
- 4 nights Ubud - 1 night Candidasa - 3 nights Nusa Dua
- Starting 1750 USD per person (Group of 10 people)
- The highlights of the trip:
- Ubud, Munduk, Candidasa: 3 charming stages to discover at your own pace the emblematic sites of Bali
- Beach side: the beautiful sandy beaches of Nusa Dua ideal for a honeymoon
- The range of colors: the green paradise of Ubud, the seabed of Candidasa, the jungle in Munduk and the golden sand of Nusa Dua
- Get more with Volver :
- Air ticket with Qatar: BEY / DOH / DPS / DOH / BEY
- Accommodation in 4 * hotels with breakfast
- Airport / hotel / airport transfers
- Private guide and bus for the organized tours
- All the entrance fees for the monuments and the museums