$3650 per person
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
7 nights/8 days
Not IncludedNuits en hôtel 4*Le billet d’avionDeparture TaxesAssuranceLes taxes d’aéroportPersonal GuideBreakfast
- Upon arrival on EK346 ETA1425hrs, pick-up from the airport for the transfer to the hotel.
- The rest of the day is free at own leisure.
- Overnight in Kuala Lumpur
- Pick-up time TBA. Transfer to the airport for flight MH2614 ETD1255hrs ETA1530hrs. Upon arrival at Kota Kinabalu, transfer to the jetty/hotel. Then later take a private boat chartered in to the island (Client own arrangement with the hotel).
- Overnight at Kinabalu
- Free day at leisure at the Gaya Resort.Overnight at Lana Rata
Day 4 - Kota Kinabalu - Sandakan - Sepilok - Labuk Bay
- Pick up from the jetty and transfer to Kota Kinabalu Airport for flight to Sandakan (Need to arrive in Sandakan before lunch time. Take Malaysia Airiine or Air Asia flight - PLEASE ADVISE FLIGHT BOOKED/PURCHASED ). Upon arrival in Sandakan, pick-up and transfer to MY Nature Resort. Check-in.
- 1300hrs proceed to the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary. This privately run sanctuary is located within an oil palm estate and offers a unique chance to see proboscis monkeys up close. These monkeys are wild but habituated to human presence and often get very close to visitors. The proboscis monkeys at Labuk Bay live in a fragmented habitat surrounded by an oil palm plantation. As there is insufficient food the monkeys receive a supplementary diet. The afternoon feeding time commences at 1430 hours whe8ttttttn groups of proboscis monkeys from the nearby forest and mangroves and head to the wooden platform for a free meal. Labuk Bay offers a unique opportunity to get close to these normally shy creatures. Silvered langurs (monkeys) and hornbills are also sometimes seen at Labuk Bay. 1530 hours depart Labuk Bay and transfer to MY Nature Resort for overnight stay. (D)
Day 5 - Sepilok - Abai Jungle Lodge
- After breakfast, visit the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary where once-captive orangutans are reintroduced into the wild. You will be able to observe them at the feeding station in the rainforest and at the nursery (if open). The main feeding session is at 1000 hours. Afterwards, proceed to the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre (BSBCC). This centre rescues captured sun bears and promotes sun bear conservation, welfare rehabilitation and education. There are over 30 sun bears living at the centre in the bear house and outdoor enclosures. At 11.00-1115 hours depart Sepilok and proceed to a boat jetty in Sandakan. The 1-hour boat ride to Abai village on the Lower Kinabatangan River passes through mangrove forests with opportunities to view wildlife en route. Arrive at Abai Jungle Lodge and have lunch. Free to relax or explore the surrounding area on the nature boardwalk. At 1630 hours embark on a river cruise in search of proboscis monkeys, birds, reptiles and other wildlife. As night falls the mangrove trees are aglow with the flickering light of fireflies. Return to the lodge for dinner. After dinner, a guided night walk around the Lodge’s nature boardwalk to search for insects, birds and other wildlife. Overnight at the Abai Jungle Lodge. (B,L,D)
- Note: The nursery at Sepilok is sometimes closed to visitors. This occurs if any of the young orangutan is sick. As such there is no guarantee that the nursery will be open.
Day 6 - Abai - Sukau - Lahad Datu - Borneo Rainforest Lodge.
- Check-out Abai and depart at 0530hrs for boat ride to Sukau. Have breakfast at Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge before overland transfer to the reception office in Lahad Datu town. Register and have a briefing on the activities and facilities at Danum Valley. Depart at 0930 hours for the scheduled transfer (2 hours) to Borneo Rainforest Lodge. Attend a brief orientation before lunch. In the afternoon, depart for a guided walk on a nature trail (400 m boardwalk circuit) and the 300 m canopy walkway. In the evening, have dinner at the lodge. If weather permits, go for a night drive in search of nocturnal animals. Overnight at Borneo Rainforest Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 7 - Coffin Trail – Segama Trail – East Trail
Following breakfast, depart for a trek along the “Coffin Trail” that leads to an ancient Kadazan-Dusun burial site. It’s a 3 km return trip, involving a 40-minute climb to a magnificent lookout point. Return to the lodge for lunch. In the afternoon, hike the Segama Trail and East Trail in search of wildlife before returning to the Lodge. After dinner, depart for a night walk in search of nocturnal creatures. Overnight at Borneo Rainforest Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 8 - Borneo Rainforest Lodge – Lahad Datu –Kota Kinabalu
Upon arrival at Kota Kinabalu MH3019 ETA1725hrs, meet and transfer to Shangri-la Rasa Ria Resort. Overnight at Shangri-la Rasa Ria Resort.
Breakfast. Pick-up at 0910hrs for the transfer to the airport for flight as schedule MI391 ETD1210hrs ETA1415hrs. (B)
In-hotel 4 *and 5 * Starting From 3650 USD
The price includes:
- Air ticket BEY /DOH/ KUL / KTB / KUL / DOH / BEY
- Accommodation in a 4* and 5* hotel – Full board
our price does not include:
- Airport taxes.
Between March and October